Thursday, June 13, 2019

Online connections are fraught

I'm back!
After some time off line I have decided to return. The first thing to notice is the New Name and the New Address. 

HTTPS is the clue. The advice is I have a responsibility to myself and to you.

Here is what Blogger advises;
There are three main benefits to using HTTPS instead of HTTP to access your blog:
  • It helps check that your visitors open the correct website and aren’t being redirected to a malicious site.
  • It helps detect if an attacker tries to change any data sent from Blogger to the visitor.
  • It adds security measures that make it harder for other people to listen to your visitors’ conversations, track their activities, or steal their information.
  • For these reasons when logging in you will notice the S . It is the important sign i value you. Therefore security is of benefit to us both. and it stays
I have written several new pieces elsewhere and I am re-posting them here in the next little while. I do this as a couple of people have asked that I become more serious when making my occasional whimsical notes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment